VideoLAN and the VLC development team present VLC 1.1.8, a minor release of the 1.1 branch.
Small new features, many bugfixes, updated translations and security issues are making this release too. Notable improvements include updated look on Mac, new Dirac encoder, new VP8/Webm encoder, and numerous fixes in codecs, demuxers, interface, subtitles auto-detection, protocols and platform integration.
Source and Windows and MacOSX builds are available.
List of changes:
- Security update regarding video width concerning some demuxers
- Support for a new Dirac encoder based on libschroedinger
- Package of the new VP8/Webm encoder ‘Bali’
- Notable updates in .mp4, .ogg, .ape demuxers
- Major updates in most language translations
- Fixes in skins2 supports of Winamp2 skins
- Upgrade on the look of VLC for Mac OS X
- Auto-detection for .txt subtitles is fixed
- Fixes on Windows integration, notably regarding volume keys
- Codecs updates
- Many miscellaneous fixes