As many other computer users, I like to install all kind of programs from the Internet. First of all because it’s part of my job and second, for the sake of exploring what’s new out there in terms of software. However, this can mess up any PC quite shortly and there is always the speed issues over time as applications are installed and uninstalled. Actually – to be realistic – in time, any Windows PC become more sluggish and it’s performance degrade just by using it.
Now, to prevent this from happening, you can use a tool such as TuneUp Utilities 2012 that reduces clutter and ensures that all systems are running as they should. TuneUp Utilities has been around for quite a while and it’s clear that this software will stay on the market due to the simple fact that it does the job and it can really optimize your computer for the best performance – not just on paper. Well, considering that just a few days back, the new ‘2012 version’ has been officially released, let’s take a look at the new features.
First of all, there is TuneUp Economy Mode – a feature which prolongs the battery life on your laptop, netbook, and tablet PC and guarantees significantly improved battery life and power consumption. It extends battery run-time on notebooks, netbooks and tablet PCs running Windows by up to 30%, while also reducing energy consumption by up to 30%.
What’s behind the magic?
- Reduced processor power consumption: TuneUp Economy Mode reduces your processors’ performance and optimizes their power consumption for maximum battery life and sufficient power for basic, everyday use.
- Great power savings for your devices: TuneUp Economy Mode reduces the power consumption of many built-in and connected devices.
- Turn off energy-sapping programs: TuneUp Economy Mode switches off unnecessary background processes that slow PC performance down.
Second, there is an improved TuneUp Program Deactivator – a feature which takes care of all those programs which run in the background whether they are used or not, slowing your computer down considerably for no good reason. The new Full Automatic Mode in TuneUp Program Deactivator eliminates these unnecessary slowdowns and makes sure your PC always operates at its peak performance. But relevant programs such as antivirus software or drivers will not be deactivated.
- Start-Stop Mode automatically turns off selected programs when you don’t need them, speeding up your surfing, working, and gaming.
- Optimized PC / Windows performance
- Faster boot speeds, applications and gaming.
There is also also Turbo Mode, a feature which for example, enables you to shut down over 70 applications that bring your PC to a crawl with just a single click. In addition, proven maintenance features allow you to perform a full registry clean-up and much, much more.
TuneUp Utilities 2012 costs $49.95, but you can get a free trial for testing purposes prior to purchase from here.