I can confirm myself, this version of firmware brings with it not only general bug fixes to Froyo, but it seems to make the device move much faster without any lag fixes – I guess it just doesn’t need any.
A few details about this firmware…
Firmware build date: 11 January 2011
Swype version: 2.6.47
Swype languages: UK/US English, Deutsch, Francais, Nederlands, Svenska, Dansk, Suomi, Norsk, Hrvatski, Romana, Srpski, Slovenscina and 2 more.
Quadrant score: 1216
Ok, let’s see a few improvements:
– doesn’t need lag-fixes
– no wireless issue
– no gps issue
– 26 apps thought Samsung apps
– no battery bug
– there are more, I’m sure, but this is what I noticed
If you want to update your firmware to this version you need to:
– install the latest version of KIES, or update it.
– remove all lag-fixes from your phone
– backup your phone contacts and calendar
– use Kies Registry Patcher to spoof your phone product code as: NEE
– update your phone through KIES
– factory reset your phone
– restore lost data, contacts and calendar
You can get the latest version of Samsung Kies from: here.
Note: this update is available only if your phone product code is NEE (Dutch CSC). Otherwise, you can update only if you spoof your product code to NEE using for example Kies Registry Patcher v.1.7 – however, this will void your warranty and can brick your device (actually, the update procedure itself can do it), so use the spoofing metod on your own risk.