Ashampoo the popular German software developer enters the battle for the security supremacy with their first anti-virus solution Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014. This is their first attempt to launch a full-featured antivirus on the market, a product that can face all the major security threats from the online domain. Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 is the successor program of Ashampoo Anti-Malware, but unlike it ancestor, Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 is a true anti-virus which combines the Bitdefender and Emsisoft engines to help keep you safe online.
Featuring a sophisticated real-time protection with a good balance between security and resources needs, Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 is a light breeze in your computer. Just install it, start it and let it do its work without any external intervention.
Being at version 184.108.40.206, the application is not at its peak form, so you should expect some glitches even while the Quick Scan is running, and the reports are not quite precise. But overall Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 is a capable tool with enough power to secure you home PC. At $24.99 1 year license (offer available until October 8th) and 10 days trial which can be extended to 40 days if you give them you email address, Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 is a powerful solution for your regular PC and can become a ferocious contender for the best anti-virus if the German developer will constantly improve it.
- – Real-time protection neutralizes attacks as they happen
- – Behavior blocker monitors application behavior and also eliminates not yet classified threats such as zero-day exploits
- – On-access guard effectively neutralizes infection attempts during file operations
- – Multi-engine scanner with two scan engines for maximum accuracy
- – Integrated self-protection to prevent program manipulation through malware
- – Daily updates keep protection always up to date