When we download files from the Internet, most of us don’t feel like using something more advanced over the browsers basic download management facility, but if you’re downloading huge files frequently or multiple files simultaneously, you might want to consider an alternate to traditional downloading via a browser.
A good alternative that is not just fully-featured but also very lightweight with the system is Light Downloader. This tiny download manager can resume broken downloads from where they were interrupted and accelerate your downloads (up to 6 times) by splitting the files into several parts and downloading them simultaneously.
What I like is that the the application once installed adds a watermark on the desktop (which you can move wherever you want), providing drag-and-drop of URLs for easy quick downloading. Last but not least, Light Downloader offers browser integration for Firefox and Internet Explorer and in case you need to, you can also add URLs manually.
Light Downloader Key Features:
- Download acceleration
- Light Downloader can accelerate downloads by up to 6 times due to its intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology.
- Download Resume
- Light Downloader can resume unfinished download from the place where they left off.
- Built-in Scheduler
- Light Downloader can connect to the Internet at a set time, download the files you want, disconnect, or shut down your computer when it’s done.
- Drag and Drop
- You may simply drag and drop links to Light Downloader to start downloading.
- Easy downloading with one click
- When you click on a download link in a browser, Light Downloader will take over the download and accelerate it.
- Supports FTP, HTTP and HTTPS
- You can easily download files with a browser click from any remote server via FTP/ HTTP/ HTTPS.