Samsung announced an expanded Series 9 laptop line of ultra-thin laptops scheduled to arrive on store shelves in time for the back-to-school shopping season. The expanded line of ultra-thin and lightweight models (something similar to Apple’s MacBook Air) includes five different configurations.
“We’ve seen a very positive reception to the original Series 9 models introduced at CES earlier this year,” said Scott Ledterman, director of mobile PC marketing at Samsung Enterprise Business Division. “As we look to expand the line for the remainder of the year, we’ve maintained the premium duralumin design and form factor while offering consumers a wider range of options and powerful performance.”
The new line of Samsung Series 9 will be launching over the next four weeks at major electronics retailers and online. Pricing for the new models will range from $1,049 to $2,049.
There are three new 13.3-inch and two new 11.6-inch Series 9 models, the latter of which will begin shipping in August.
The 13.3-inch models (available right away):
- NP900X3A-B01US (1.6GHz Core i5 2467M, 4GB of RAM, 128GB SSD) – $1,349,
- NP900X3A-B02US (1.6GHz Core i5 2467M, 4GB of RAM, 256GB SSD) - $1,649,
- NP900X3A-A05US (1.6GHz Core i7 2617M, 6GB of RAM, 256GB SSD) - $2,049.
The 11.6-inch models (available in August):
- NP900X1B-A02US (1.3GHz Core i3 2357M, 2GB of RAM, 64GB SSD) - $1,049,
- NP900X1B-A01US (1.3GHz Core i3, 4GB of RAM, 128GB SSD) - $1,249.