There are dozens of Galaxy S ROMs from different carrier out there and I’ve heard of all kind of bugs, some were fixed, some not. One commune issue that I’ve seen many people were complaining about is the GPS lag issue. Below you’ll find a guide how to fix it. Note: To be save, make notes of your custom configuration when you make changes to revert back to original settings if the fix doesen’t work for you.
– Dial this code if your phones firmware build is ECLAIR: *#*#1472365#*#*
– Dial this code if your phones firmware build is FROYO: *#*#3214789650#*#*
– Click on Application Settings.
– Click on Operation Mode and change its value to Standalone.
– Click on Start Mode and change its value to Hot Start.
– Click on GPS Plus and change its value to On.
– Click on SkyHook and change its value to On. (this options might be missing, ignore it if it does)
– Go back to the first screen and click on SUPL/CP settings.
– Click on Server FQDN Type and change its value to AUTO Config.
That’s it, your GPS should work fine now.